Gypsum board ceilings are tough, versatile & economical. It is a sterile sulphate of calcium, light weighted & easy to install. Gypsum ceiling tiles are fire-resistant, as well as soundproof; therefore it is most preferred material for false or drop ceiling!Royalgypsum GYPROCCENTER
- Gypsum board is quite flexible. It allows various shapes & design such as plain, stepped, curved, coffered, pelmet, drop design, etc.
- Glass fibre-reinforced gypsum board makes excellent insulation material.
- When exposed to fire, gypsum gives out water, which is converted to steam & helps to combat the fire. This is what makes the ceiling fireproof!
- It cannot be used in damp situations.
- It cannot be moulded!
- Finding a place to recycle it can be difficult, most end up in land-fill.